docs.page is a free Open Source project, allowing you to create instant, fast, beautiful documentation with zero configuration.
Documentation is an important aspect for many projects, however creating a custom documentation website for each project is time consuming. Many common solutions to problems have to be duplicated, along with dealing with overheads such as website maintenance & hosting.
This project delivers instant documentation websites with the content sourced directly from any public GitHub repository. Features include:
- Branch & Pull Request previewing.
- GitHub Pull Request bot for previewing automation.
- Dark / Light mode theme support.
- MDX components such as Tabs (useful for projects with multiple languages).
- Server Side Rendered (SSR) pages (powered by Next.js & Vervel).
- Support for search via Docsearch.
- Managing common project variables.
- Many configurable options, such as sidebars, Google Analytics, theming and more.
Repositories using docs.page#
Should I use docs.page?#
docs.page is a simple way to generate a documentation website with zero effort. It generally works for documentation websites with a lot of Markdown based content. If you require features which are more specific to your own project a custom solution might work better.